Thursday, January 11, 2007

Back to blogging soon

Hi all,

I haven't added anything for so long but not for lack of trying. I didn't realize that for some reason my laptop on wireless will not give me access to this. I decided to try to get access from my son's computer and it worked. Now I know to use something other than my laptop. Guess I'll try later from my desktop.

I don't have much to say right now, although I have been reflecting on certain things such as the primate's of the global south's reception of Katharine Jefferts Schori and on the Panel of Reference decision over the application of Forth Worth. I have to say that I have grave concerns but don't have the time to write them down.

Right at the moment my dad is in the hospital. He will get out either tomorrow or Saturday (all going well). They're not sure what exactly is wrong but they have narrowed it down to his heart. He fainted yesterday and fell. This resulted in a need for stitches. Unfortunately, the celebration of 50 years of ordination is Saturday night. We're trying to decide if we should cancel it or just modify it. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Good new is that our good friend B. is being ordained in March. I am so thrilled and will be there with bells on. Okay, maybe I'll forgo the bells on this occasion as I'm bishop's chaplain. I will try to be as reserved and conservative as I can but I'm not giving up my purple hair or my nails. Fortunately it won't be dark so my nails won't be glowing floresent green. They'll actually look quite sedate. Anyhow, I am so happy about B's ordination and am looking forward to it.

New Year's Eve was very nice with a number of us getting together here in the city. J hosted it at his house and gave us wonderful news which made the evening all the more special. It was good to see my best friends from seminary as we haven't been together for so long.

I'll leave this now and work on my post about women's ordination and the reception by various parts of the WWAC.

Take care you all.
Love and Prayers,
Ann Marie

No comments: