Sunday, March 09, 2008

Unbind Him

I was on a panel yesterday at conference in the city. The panel was on sexuality, spirituality, and worship. I was really struck by what one of the panel members had to say. He spoke to the readings that we have been hearing in Lent. He mentioned the gospel for this Sunday, the story of Lazarus.

He mentioned the call to come out, which given that the context of the whole conference was a theme of celebrating courage - past and present - was a pretty powerful statement. It was at the College of Education and spoke to the issue of human sexuality in the context of education. So the call to come out had real meaning and power for a number of young people there. The panelist then went on to speak of Jesus' command to unbind Lazarus and related that to the church being commanded to help unbind those who have answered the call to come out so that they may have the full life that is promised to us. (Yes, you can see there is an influence of this in the gist of my sermon, which I mention in the post below.)

I found this man's talk very inspiring and enlightening. As a member of the Church, I have recommitted myself to the unbinding of the things which hinder all people from experiencing the full and abundant life that Christ has promised us. I'm not sure what my next step will be or if my steps will even be any different than what I was already going to do. But I have been inspired to continue.

Love and Prayers,
Ann Marie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!