Tuesday, February 13, 2007

++Katharine Jefferts Shori

Susan Russel has a post on a recent talk given by Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori. I thought it was interesting because it resonates with what I posted on Justice or Gospel.

Episcopal Urban Caucus

"She rejected out of hand the misapprehension that we have to choose between the Great Commission and the Great Commandment. "I do not believe God has any patience with those who insist we must choose between evangelism and social justice. One cannot love God and our neghbor without doing both," she said. "Scripture tells us that we cannot love God who we don't see if we don't love our neighbors who we do."

I used this quote in a sermon on Sunday.

Love and Prayers,
Ann Marie

PS. I'm finally starting to get the sense of the link thingy. I'm not completely there yet but it is coming. And I haven't even had to get my computer whiz son to help me. I'm getting better with age - 47 years, 1 week and counting.

No comments: